Английский язык 7 класс в формате ГИА: Модуль 5 — ОТВЕТЫ на тренировочные упражнения. Сборник дополнительных заданий в формате ГИА, компонент УМК «Английский в фокусе» для 7 класса.
Spotlight 7. Module 5
№ 1. Read the text and mark the statements True (T), False (F), Not Stated (NS).
- Hi-tech libraries look like electronic devices shops. ____ T
- All people prefer paper books to electronic versions. ___ F
- A number of hi-tech libraries were built in the USA. ___ NS
- There are no real books in hi-tech libraries. ___ T
- Bookless libraries are good because computers never break. ___ F
- The Texas library has more books (their electronic versions) than a traditional library. ____ F
- Some people prefer traditional libraries. ____ T
- Bookless libraries are becoming more popular in America. ____ NS
№ 2. Match the titles to the paragraphs of the text. One title is extra.
- THE TRANSFORMING COMPUTER
- FOR GARDEN LOVERS
- THE FAMOUS GADGET SHOW
- READY FOR AEROBICS
- NEW GAMES
- FORMING HEALTHY EATING HABITS
ОТВЕТЫ: A. 2; B. 4; C. 1; D. 5; E. — ; F. 3
№ 3. Read the text and choose the right options to complete the sentences.
- Robots that the Japanese genius created look like ____.
a) cars b) instruments c) people
- Practical robots give us more ____.
a) money b) free time c) tasks
- A camera inside robots helps them to imitate people’s ____.
a) actions b) behavior c) looks
- Psychologically people who have robots begin to ____ them.
a) depend on b) be connected with c) dislike
- The Japanese professor used a robot himself to _____ instead of him.
a) do the shopping b) work in the laboratory c) lecture
- The conference organisers who invited the Japanese professor ____ the twin robot.
a) didn’t recognise b) preferred c) didn’t like
- The scientist worked out a robot that ____ like people.
a) has feelings b) sings songs c) studies
- Unlike Europeans and Americans Japanese people believe that robots _______.
a) can change the world
b) are helpful and kind to people
c) will rule the world
№ 4. Match the titles to the texts. One title is extra.
ОТВЕТЫ: A. 4; B. 3; C. 1; D. -; E. 2.
№ 5. Read the text and mark the statements True (T), False (F), Not Stated (NS).
- The toys at the show are always modern and technological. ____ T
- The Toy Show didn’t present any robotic pets. ____ F
- The Show presented toy robots that could help children to study. ____ NS
- Robot dogs were very interesting. ____ T
- Robotic fish looked unreal and didn’t interest visitors. ___ F
- The Smartpet was created by a Japanese scientist. ____ NS
- The Smartpet could show if it liked the owner’s behaviour. ____ T
- The Super robot is no more attractive for Japanese children. ____ F
№ 6. Read the text and choose the right options to complete the sentences.
- Heart Robot is called so because ______.
a) he reacts emotionally
b) he has a battery like a heart
c) his heart really beats
- Heart Robot is ______ when somebody shouts at him.
a) pleased b) displeased c) indifferent
- Heart Robot reacts to _____.
a) his name b) a song c) a hug
- His heart beats quickly and his eyes look bigger when he is ____.
a) frightened b) happy c) interested in something
- Heart Robot is designed by _____ scientists.
a) Japanese b) American c) British
- The scientists designed Heart Robot to _____.
a) make a new toy
b) analyse people’s reaction
c) make a film
- Heart Robot shows emotions but he can’t ____.
a) move himself
b) help about the house
c) hug children
- Heart Robot proves that emotional robots have become ____.
a) part of science fiction
b) a reality
c) film characters
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
№ 7. Read the text and choose the right options.
- a) for b) of c) about
- a) do b) perform c) create
- a) hide b) show c) protect
- a) good b) beautiful c) magical
- a) consumer b) buyer c) wearer
- a) for b) to c) from
- a) wizard b) wizard’s c) wizards
- a) operating b) to operate c) operate
№ 8. Read the text and fill in the gaps transforming capitalised words.
For the last three years, a group of (1) __lucky__ 8-10-year-olds have taken part in an (2) __exciting__ experiment: to see if replacing (3) __traditional__ pencil and paper with hi-tech (4) __interactive__ desks would help to improve (улучшить) their math skills!
400 students from North East Britain took part in the research project aimed at classroom (5) __learning__ through technology. The new type of desks allowed the (6) __teacher__ to give math problems to the students to solve solo or as a group. What was even cooler was that the (7) __educator__ could (8) __interactively__ give (9) __different__ problems to (10) __different__ groups and send one group’s answer to another, to see if they agreed.
№ 9. Read the text and fill in the gaps with the proper grammatical form of the capitalised words.
At home, robots can be as helpful as or even (1) __better__ than a human being. Early in the morning when we (2) __are still sleeping__, a small robot can (3) __bring__ us some coffee, even add some spices to the coffee. In the future many disabled people (4) __will have__ a domestic robot which (5) __will perform__ specific and detailed functions in order (6) __to help__ them. The future of robots (7) __is looking/looks__ bright. A new medical robot (8) __is making__ its way to hospitals around the world. This robot (9) __performed__ many surgeries last year, and the company (10) __is looking__ at about a 55% increase (увеличение) in its use next year. There (11) __is__ also a Dutch robot (12) __called__ the “TankPitstop” that (13) __fills__ the gas in people’s cars without any help. Samsung, an electronics company, (14) __is making__ a security robot that detects danger. Robots seem to give benefits to the world but there (15) __are__ negative elements about them, for example, people can lose jobs because of the robots.
№ 10. Read the text and fill in the gaps transforming capitalised words.
You will soon be able to create anything you want from thin air. All you will need is some (1) __creativity__ and the (2) __magical__ 3Doodler. it is the world’s first 3D printing pen. The device looks like a thick (3) __marker__. The (4) __user__ can create whatever he or she wants until of course, the plastic ink is spent. The (5) __inventors__ say that most people will be able to create 2D objects on paper very quickly. Not a natural born (6) __artist__? No (7) __worries__. The company is planning to add special kits. All the (8) __user__ has to do is print them, and then use the pen to turn it into a standing 3D object. Of course, school projects are not the only use for this (9) __amazing__ pen. They can be used to create glass art, make jewelry and the list goes on and on-restricted only, by your (10) __imagination__. And, if your 3D (11) __creation__ falls apart, the amazing 3Doodler can even be used to ‘glue’ it back together.
№ 11. Read the text and fill in the gaps transforming capitalised words.
No one really knows what the future holds, but the (1) __reality__now is that our urban spaces are (2) __overcrowded__ and polluted. The time is ripe, say experts, to start designing (3) __smarter__ urban environments. A network of (4) __sensors__ will provide data about how a city is performing. The Internet could provide new (5) __developments__: billboards that communicate with (6) __passers-by__. Technology companies believe that the (7) __cleverest__ cities will be those that are connected with the network. A future where robots are as common as cars and (8) __cheaper__- is on the way. Professor Ishiguro’s lecture about the (9) __possibilities__ for the (10) __relationship__ between humans and robots attracted a huge audience.
№ 12. Read the text and fill in the gaps transforming capitalised words.
(1) __teaching__ and (2) __learning__ in today’s schools can be quite challenging for (3) __teachers__ and students. Students learn a lot more at an (4) __earlier__ age than before. (5) __teachers__ are expected to use gadgets and digital electronic devices in the classroom. If you use gadgets at the lesson it (6) __will help__ to make the learning (7) __interesting__. Smart Boards, iPods, and Mimios are just a few of the gadgets that (8) __are improving__ the quality of (9) __education__. Students are looking for a high-tech experience in the classroom. Using gadgets will make (10) __understanding__ (11) __easier__.
№ 13. You’ve got an e-mail from your English pen friend. Write him/her what changes in your life you expect in twenty years.
Write 50 – 60 words.
№ 14. You’ve got a letter from your friend. Write her/him a letter and answer her/his three questions. What gadgets do you use? What for? Do they help you in your school life?
Write 50 – 60 words.
Вы смотрели: Английский язык 7 класс в формате ГИА: Модуль 5 — ОТВЕТЫ на тренировочные упражнения. Сборник дополнительных заданий в формате ГИА, компонент УМК «Английский в фокусе» для 7 класса.